Frequently asked questions.
What is the difference between 2D, 3D, 4D, and 5D/HD?
A 2d scan is a black and white image scan, similar to what you would receive at the doctors office. 3D ultrasounds give you a more detailed and clear image of your baby, while 4D goes even farther and captures live video of your baby in the detail. And HD/5D ultrasounds offer dimension, shadow, and photos/videos of your baby’s face. See what your baby looks like before they even get here! Watch your baby wiggle, smile, suck their thumbs and more!
What is the best time to see my baby?
- Anytime is a fun time to see your baby! We recommend anywhere between 24-37 weeks for optimal 4D viewing if you only plan for one visit during your pregnancy.
Do I need an appointment?
- Yes! Please visit our packages and booking pages for details.
Will these services be covered under insurance?
- Unfortunately, at this time it isn’t covered by insurance and is not intended to replace diagnostic care by your medical practitioner.
How much do these services cost?
- Please visit our Packages page for current pricing and specials
How do I make sure my photos are the best they can be?
- HYDRATE! Drink lots of water. Good hydration is the key to getting the best images of your baby.
Who can I bring with me to my appointment?
- At Moon River, we know how important it is to share this experience with the people who mean the most to you. You are welcome to bring your friends, family, and little ones with you!
What kind of equipment do you use?
- We use a GE E6 machine, the best technology available in the Hill Country area.
Do you offer a discount for returning clients?
- Yes! We love to see returning clients, whether it’s the same pregnancy or a new baby. We will even honor returning clients of ours whose scans we did while at Great Expectations HD Ultrasound from 2014-2019.
Do you offer a military or public servant discount?
- Yes! And thank you for your service. We are happy to apply 20% off or your choice of a heartbeat animal, not combined with any other offers.
Do you charge extra for multiples?
- Nope. In fact, multiples are some of our favorite scans. Just let us know when you book your appointment so that we can plan a little extra time for you.
Is this ultrasound for diagnostic or prenatal care purposes?
- No, this elective ultrasound is not intended to be used as diagnostic criteria or as a replacement for prenatal care the technician is qualified to conduct elective ultrasounds, but is not a doctor, nurse, or healthcare provider and is not to be used as a replacement for. The technician cannot provide, interpret, diagnose medical conditions, or offer medical conclusions or diagnosis regarding your ultrasound or the images provided.
● This elective ultrasound is intended to provide images both in black and white and four-dimensional rendering for the purpose of viewing your fetus in utero. The technician will provide no information regarding fetal well being.